Mary and Joseph presented Jesus back to God in an act of dedication.
(Luke 2:22, 40)
At Friends Church, rather than baptize babies and young children, we hold a ceremony of dedication.
During a dedication, parents are asked to commit to:
- Affirm their personal faith and trust in Christ.
- Pray often for the physical, mental, social and spiritual welfare of their child
- Participate in the life of the church on a regular and consistent basis.
- Model their love for God and His word in their home.
- Look and pray for teachable moments when they may present the love of Christ to their child that he or she may share in the joy of a personal relationship with Him once obtaining an age of accountability to accept Christ.
- Receive the commitment of the members of the church to support the parents as they endeavor to raise their child in a way that honors God.
If you are interested in scheduling a child dedication, complete a Child Dedication form and return it to the Church Office. One of our pastors will contact you to discuss the dedication and schedule a time during one of our weekend services.