The moment you received Christ – as an act of faith and free will – many things happened, including:
- Christ came into your life (Colossians 1:27).
- Your sins were forgiven (Colossians 1:14).
- You became a child of God (John 1:12).
- You received eternal life (John 5:24).
- You began the great adventure for which God created you (John 10:10, 2 Corinthians 5:17, and 1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Can you think of anything more wonderful that could happen to you than entering into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Would you like to thank God in prayer right now for what he has done for you? By thanking God, you demonstrate your faith.
To enjoy your new relationship with God:
- Go to God in prayer daily (Philippians 4:6, Colossians 4:2).
- Read God’s Word daily (Acts 17:11). We suggest you begin with the gospel of John.
- Obey God moment by moment (John 14:21).
- Witness for Christ by your life and words (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8).
- Trust God for every detail of your life (1 Peter 5:7).
- Hand over control to the Holy Spirit. Allow Him to empower your daily life and witness (Galatians 5:16-17, Acts 1:8).
And finally…attend Friends Church or another bible-based church and get involved. God’s Word admonishes us not to forsake “the assembling of ourselves together…” (Hebrews 10:25). Several logs burn brightly together, but put one aside on the cold hearth and the fire goes out. So it is with your relationship with other Christians. If you do not belong to a church, do not wait to be invited. Take the initiative! Start this week, and make plans to attend regularly.