Throughout the pandemic we have done our best to comply with the CDC and State of Ohio health orders regarding Covid-19 for the protection of our congregation and community. We are grateful and appreciative of your support and assistance as we have navigated Covid-19 together.
By now, you are probably aware that the CDC has issued new guidelines for those who are vaccinated, and Governor Mike DeWine announced last week that all health orders in the State of Ohio will be removed on June 2, 2021. Here’s what that means when you attend Friends Church.
- We support the CDC recommendation that those who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear a facemask and take precautions even after the Governor’s orders are rescinded.
- Effective Wednesday, June 2, 2021, facemasks and social distancing in the church will no longer be required. The wearing of facemasks will be optional at all times including Sunday morning.
- Effective Wednesday, June 2, 2021, Kid’s Kingdom will no longer require facemasks, temperature checks, or health screenings upon check-in on Sundays.
- Beginning on June 6, for those uncomfortable in a large venue, we will be offering seating in a smaller setting in the Hospitality Center where you may watch the streaming of the service. Of course, we will continue to broadcast our services live each Sunday on our website and on Facebook.
- If you are sick or have traveled out of the country, please opt to stay home until you are well or have been tested after your trip. We welcome you to join our online services for the health and safety of all.
- Continue to practice everyday prevention standards by washing your hands frequently or using hand sanitizer and covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
Friends, this has been a long road to post-pandemic recommendations. We recognize that some individuals may still need to wear a mask for medical reasons or may choose to wear a mask to feel more comfortable in large gatherings. Let’s once again join together in respecting each other’s personal choices regarding facemasks.
Our facilities team will continue to sanitize and clean all areas of the church. The hand sanitizer stations will remain in place, however, drinking fountains will once again be available and bathroom occupancy restrictions will be removed.
As always, we strive to provide a welcoming environment for all to worship our Lord and feel His presence among us. Join us as we share the love of Christ with everyone who enters our building and lives in our community.