Friends Church supports health care professionals, local county health authorities and the CDC recommendations regarding best practices for protection from Covid-19 and its variants. When attending Friends Church, we ask you to help us ensure safety for all by following these guidelines:
- Facemasks are optional for the vaccinated, yet we encourage you to consider the advantages of wearing a mask in large groups for the safety and protection of yourself and those around you.
- We continue to strongly support the CDC recommendation that those who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear a facemask and practice social distancing to protect themselves as best as possible from the virus.
- Continue to practice everyday prevention standards by washing your hands frequently, using hand sanitizer and covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- If you are sick or have traveled out of the country, please opt to stay home until you are well or have tested negative for Covid.
If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has Covid-19, please follow the CDC recommendations as follows:
- For the unvaccinated:
- You should stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has Covid-19. You may be able to shorten your quarantine to 7 days if you have no symptoms and receive a negative Covid test result (test must occur on day 5 or later).
- Watch for symptoms, such as fever (100.4 or higher), chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or any other symptoms of Covid-19 as defined by the CDC.
- For the vaccinated:
- You do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who has Covid, however, you should get tested 3-5 days after exposure, even if you have no symptoms.
- You should wear a mask in public spaces to reduce the possibility of spreading to others for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative.
Friends Church desires to be as safe as possible for all to come and worship and join in community. It is for this reason that all staff and volunteers serving at Friends Church need to observe the CDC recommendations regarding exposure so as not to potentially expose the greater community. In addition, our facilities team continues to sanitize and clean all areas of the church, and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
Let’s show our love for each other and our community by practicing these simple precautions as recommended by the CDC. We are all part of the same Kingdom of God so let’s act with love and compassion as each of us makes our own decision regarding face masks. For more specific details on Covid-19 and prevention, visit cdc.gov