“I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King.
I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses.
I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick.
“But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. The wild animals in the fields will thank me, the jackals and owls, too, for giving them water in the desert.
Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland so my chosen people can be refreshed.”
I’ve Got This
- What does it look like to trust God/God’s plan?
- Why is it important to know and trust God’s plan?
- What is something God is asking you to do, that may be hard?
- * Parents* What is God asking you to do, but you haven’t yet? Tell about a time when it was difficult to obey God, but you did anyway.
I’ve Done It Before
- Where have we see God provide in the Bible?
- In our family when have we seen God take care of us? (Or How did God take care of us in 2021?)
- How has God answered our prayers?
- Why is it important to follow God even when things aren’t going our way or in ways we’d like?
I’m Going To Do It Again
- What are we looking forward to as a family in 2022?
- God’s desire is that we be made new, continually renewed, in our relationship with Him. How will the knowledge of God’s continuing work of renewal in your life cause you to face life differently this week?
- How is God calling us to be courageous as a family?