Baptism on Sunday, October 4th
Baptisms will take place on Sunday, October 4th at both services. Those interested can email with “baptism” in the subject line.
Read on to learn more about baptism at Friends Church!
At Friends Church, Willoughby Hills we practice “believers baptism.” We encourage those who have repented of their sins and placed their trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior to be baptized.
"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."
— Matthew 28:19
Why should I be baptized?
- Baptism is a very meaningful outward expression of what God has done spiritually within. It is a public witness to Christ’s saving power, as well as a declaration to the community of inner transformation through faith. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- The act of baptism is symbolic of a personal relationship with Jesus, much like a wedding ring is symbolic of marital commitment.
- Jesus set the example by being baptized. (Mark 1:9)
What is the meaning of baptism?
- It represents Christ’s burial and resurrection. (Romans 6:4)
- It illustrates the new life you have in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- It is not necessary for salvation, nor an absolute requirement for all Christ-followers, but rather is an act of identifying with God’s community.
What if I was baptized as an infant?
You can still be baptized! As an infant, you were unable to make your own public declaration of faith. As a mature follower of Christ, you are now able to respond with your own public profession of personal faith in Christ as your Lord and Savior.
When are baptisms held?
- Baptisms are scheduled during a regular Sunday morning worship service several times a year.
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend this very special service to celebrate your new life.
Why do you baptize by immersion?
- We follow the example set by Jesus. (Matthew 3:16)
- We share in Christ’s death and resurrection, which is illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life,) then rising again (new life.)
Do you baptize infants and children?
- For young children not yet mature enough to make a decision for Christ on their own, we encourage parents to dedicate their children to the Lord. You can download the Child Dedication Form.
- For those under age 18 who have accepted Christ as their personal savior, we ask that parental/guardian permission be granted.
How do I schedule my baptism?
Contact us at and we will connect you with a pastor to discuss baptism.
What should I wear? What should I bring with me?
- Think modesty and wear dark clothing (pants, shorts, and t-shirts.)
- Bring a towel and change of clothes.
- We’ll even give you a Friends Church t-shirt.
What if I have more questions?
- Contact the church office at to schedule a time to meet with a pastor.
- Email us at with your questions.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
— 2 Corinthians 5:17