During this time when the Friends Church building is closed to help protect our church family, we encourage you to enjoy the following weekly online video Sunday School lessons. These videos from Group Publishing are designed to help children handle the fear and uncertainty that they might be struggling with during this pandemic.
- Week 1 - March 22 Video Lesson - Jesus' Power Calms Our Fears
- Week 2 - March 29 Video Lesson - Jesus' Power Calms Our Worries
Children's programs are offered during both weekend services. In addition, we offer many specialized programs to help children develop and use their talent, as well as understand how much God loves them! Also, follow the "Friends Church Children's Ministry" Facebook group page to connect with other families in the church and get event updates.
Throughout the year, there are activities tailored just for children including Upward Basketball & Cheerleading, Vacation Bible School, and Kids on a Mission. Our goal is to make learning about Jesus fun and to do so in a biblically-sound and engaging way.
We offer a fast and friendly check-in system for all of our children's ministries. Check-in Stations are conveniently located near all main entrances. Simply ask a Door Greeter to point you in the right direction. Tours of the children's areas are available. Contact Lynn Pierce, Director of Children's Ministries, or inquire at any "Kids Kingdom" Assisted Check-in Station.
If you want to speed through registering your child, print and complete this HOUSEHOLD REGISTRATION form. If you would like to authorize someone else to pick up your child, use this OTHER AUTHORIZED GUARDIAN form. Or, if you would like to bring a child who is a guest of your family, use this GUEST HOUSEHOLD REGISTRATION form. If this all seems a little confusing, just follow the signs to Kid's Kingdom and the staff at the Assisted Check-In desk will be happy to help you.
Kid's Kingdom Programs
- SUNDAYS, 9:30 and 11:00 am Service: Each week children learn life lessons from the Bible. Crafts, games, and other creative methods are used to engage and entertain. Snacks are regularly provided.
- Ages: Birth to 5th Grade
- WEDNESDAYS, 7:00 pm Small Groups: We use Elevate for the grade school children and Elevate Jr for our preschoolers to teach them life skills in a format that is entertaining and dynamic.
- Wednesdays, January 22nd – April 1st
- AGES: Birth to 5th Grade
Children meeting the age requirements will automatically be included in these programs when available although we will work with you to find the best fit for your child:
- KIDS CHURCH LIVE: Using a wide range of interactive elements, skits, games, music, and more, Kids Church Live propels kids through the Bible while helping them understand how the Old and New Testaments fit together. Kids Church Live meets in the Big City Studio, a room set up as a live TV production studio. Big City Studio is a high energy approach to children's church.
- AGES: 1st to 3rd Grade
- WHEN: Sundays @ 11:00am
- UPWARD CHURCH: This group splits its time between using the Grapple curriculum which focuses on building relationships with their families and peers, as well as physical activities in the Activity Center.
- Sundays, January 19th – March 8th
- AGES: K to 2nd Grade
- WHEN: Sundays @ 9:30 am
- AGES: 3rd and 6th Grades
- WHEN: Sundays @ 11 am
- JUST AS I AM JUNIOR: This program is available at the first Sunday service and provides a class tailored for special needs children. They frequently participate in preschool music which is held in the adjoining classroom and have a story, worksheet/craft, and snack. We only accept special needs students who we feel we can successfully support in our classroom. All guardians are asked to fill out a Special Needs form prior to their child’s acceptance into the class. These forms are available at the Assisted Check-In desk.
- AGES: Preschool to 5th Grade
- WHEN: Sundays @ 9:30 am
Need more information? Please visit HERE for more information on what is offered for children at Friends Church and how our program operates.
For our safety and security precautions and detailed information, including background checks and media release opt-out form, please visit HERE.